First time use: Hand wash your new dishes thoroughly in hot water using a mild dish soap and a soft sponge. Rinse with water. Dry with a soft cloth.
Like all products you give to children, please check the products before use. As with all dishes, adult supervision is recommended, particularly for young children.
Remember, stainless steel is great at keeping cold things cold and hot things hot. Be sure to allow hot beverages or food to cool before consumption.
Everyday use: The best way to preserve your Ahimsa® dishes is to wash it by hand with a mild dish soap, soft sponge and hot water soon after use. Thoroughly dry it with a soft cloth. However, our products are dishwasher safe! If needed, use a soft cloth to buff out any spots left by the minerals in the water. Note, just like bamboo, silicone, ceramic, glass and plastic, stainless steel has potential to scratch when used for dining. Stainless steel is non-porous, unbreakable and inert - making it a great choice of material for your kitchen to prevent bacterial growth, broken dishes and leached chemicals.
Special Instructions: We use food grade 304 18/8 material to produce our products, but please remember that it is called stainless steel, not stain proof steel! To keep your Ahimsa products looking their best – we recommend:
- using a bleach-free dishwasher detergent - do NOT use harsh detergents, dishwasher pods or power balls as the harsh chemicals in these formulations can damage the finishing on Ahimsa products
- using a low temperature or eco-friendly program cycle on your dishwasher
- using a hardwater dishwasher booster if you have hardwater or high mineral buildup in your dishwasher
- avoiding heavy-duty cleaning products containing bleach or citrus (preferably phosphate level below 3% and avoiding sodium)
- avoiding prolonged contact with acidic foods and drinks
- avoiding soaking products in water for long periods of time
- avoiding the heated drying cycle in the dishwasher; open the door to allow air dry after the wash cycle is complete
- avoiding using steel wool, coarse scrubbing pads or other abrasive cleaning tools
- if you happen to see any rust, you can simply dampen the affected area and use a soft sponge to clean with baking soda
While dishwasher safe, we still recommend cleaning Ahimsa products with mild soap and hot water
Stainless steel is NOT microwave safe
If you happen to see any rust, you can simply dampen the affected area and use a soft sponge to clean with baking soda. Do not use wool pads or coarse sponges.
Explore eco-friendly alternatives to plastic with Ahimsa's stainless steel dinnerware. Discover the sustainable and safe alternative to plastic dishes.
Each year, an estimated 8 million tons of plastic end up in our oceans, with disposable plates, trays, and cutlery playing a significant role in this pollution. The convenience of single-use plasti...
Explore the magic of the Rainbow Plate, crafted from recycled stainless steel, to teach kids a balanced diet and promote healthy eating education.
Sources: Pediatric Nutrition. 8th Ed. 2019. American Academy of Pediatrics. Frank R. Greer, MD, FAAP; Ronald E. Kleinman, MD, FAAP. *This website has been developed by Ahimsa LLC. This site offers health and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. While many of our experts are practicing clinicians, viewing this site, receipt of information contained on this site or the transmission of information from or to this site does not constitute a physician-patient relationship. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. Any information provided is not meant to address a specific situation, person or event, even if you provide information about a specific person or situation to Ahimsa. Always seek the advice of your child’s own physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this site. Please click here for more information on our disclaimer. Effective Date: October 7, 2019, Updated 6/17/2021. © 2021 Ahimsa LLC, All Rights Reserved