First time use: Hand wash your new dinnerware thoroughly in hot water using a mild dish soap and a soft sponge. Rinse with water. Dry with a soft cloth.
Everyday use: The best way to preserve your Ahimsa® dinnerware is to wash it by hand with a mild dish soap, soft sponge and hot water soon after use. Thoroughly dry it with a soft cloth. However, our products are dishwasher safe! If needed, use a soft cloth to buff out any spots left by the minerals in the water.
Special Instructions: We use food grade 304 18/8 material to produce our products, but please remember that it is called stainless steel, not stain proof steel! To keep your Ahimsa products looking their best – we recommend:
- using a low temperature or eco-friendly program cycle on your dishwasher
- using a hardwater dishwasher booster if you have hardwater or high mineral buildup in your dishwasher
- avoiding heavy-duty cleaning products containing bleach or citrus (preferably phosphate level below 3% and avoiding sodium)
- avoiding prolonged contact with acidic foods and drinks
- avoiding soaking products in water for long periods of time
- avoiding compact dishwasher detergent, such as pods or “powerballs” - these products tend to be harsher and more difficult to dissolve
- avoiding the heated drying cycle in the dishwasher; open the door to allow air dry after the wash cycle is complete
- avoiding using steel wool, coarse scrubbing pads or other abrasive cleaning tools
- if you happen to see any rust, you can simply dampen the affected area and use a soft sponge to clean with baking soda
While dishwasher safe, we still recommend cleaning Ahimsa products with mild soap and hot water
Stainless steel is NOT microwave safe
If you happen to see any rust, you can simply dampen the affected area and use a soft sponge to clean with baking soda. Do not use wool pads or coarse sponges.